GP services are available in Busselton and Dunsborough, and the Busselton emergency department is open 24 hours.
When to Dial 000
Stay focused, stay relevant, stay on the line
- Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
- Is your life or property being threatened?
- Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
If you answered YES call Triple Zero (000). Triple Zero calls are free.
Bring medication with you if you have allergies or a medical condition.
Stick with your mates at all times.
In case of an emergency, list the ICE (in case of emergency) contact number in your phone.
Dunsborough and Busselton can get cold and windy in the evenings. Wear warm clothing that you can wrap around you whilst in the entertainment areas and on the way home.
Take care as a pedestrian and remain on the lookout for moving buses around bus stop areas and along road sides. Use the buses for transport wherever possible.
Staying Safe on Social Media
Social media is a huge part of Leavers celebrations and can be a great way of recording your experience and sharing with other Leavers… but it can also have consequences that last a lot longer than a week.
Make sure your profiles are private
Make sure your accounts are set to private so only friends you know can see your profile. If your profile is public, anyone can see and share your posts and your personal information.
Think before you share
- Once leavers is over you are going to want to be able to move on and look forward but if you post something compromising the consequences can affect your future.
- If you wouldn’t want your parents or future employer to see it, it may not be the best idea to post it.
- Don’t post while you are intoxicated. If you do choose to drink wait till the morning to post online, you don’t want to regret it.
- Don’t post compromising or embarrassing pictures or videos of your friends.
- Posts on social media often have your location linked to it so if you wouldn’t want them to know where you are don’t accept them as your friend and let them see all of your posts.
You can find more information about how to stay safe online here.