Preparing for Leavers
Before you go:
- Download the free Leavers app for Android and iOS and register your details. You MUST register via the app before you can purchase a wristband - this is a COVID-19 Event requirement from the State Government. The app also has all the information on events, getting around, and tips to stay safe. You'll also get up-to-date notifications on what's happening at your Leavers location while you're there.
- Discuss your plans with friends, brothers, sisters and your parents or guardian. They will have some good ideas for a hassle-free Leavers.
- Book your accommodation before departure. Camping in public places or sleeping in cars is not allowed and you could be fined.
- Work out your budget for Leavers – and stick to it. Budget for emergency items including phone calls and transport.
- Check the terms and conditions and house rules in your accommodation contract. Contact your accommodation manager prior to Leavers if you have any queries.
- Make sure you have transport to and from your destination with a safe and reliable driver. Check that the vehicle is also safe.
- Provide your parents or guardian with your contact and accommodation details before departing.
- If you’re driving, get someone qualified to check the car’s roadworthiness especially prior to departing for Leavers.
- Know the laws that could affect you during celebrations.
- Meningococcal disease is a rare but life-threatening illness. Get vaccinated – it's free for people aged 15 – 19 years of age through your GP. Click here for more information.