Preparing for Leavers
Bring with you
Before you go
- Discuss your plans with friends, brothers, sisters and your parents or guardian. They will have some good ideas for a hassle-free Leavers.
- Book your accommodation before departure. Camping in public places or sleeping in cars is not allowed and you could be fined.
- Work out your budget for Leavers – and stick to it. Budget for emergency items including phone calls and transport.
- Check the terms and conditions and house rules in your accommodation contract. Contact your accommodation manager prior to Leavers if you have any queries.
- Make sure you have transport to and from your destination with a safe and reliable driver. Check that the vehicle is also safe.
- Provide your parents or guardian with your contact and accommodation details before departing.
- If you’re driving, get someone qualified to check the car’s roadworthiness especially prior to departing for Leavers.
- Know the laws that could affect you during celebrations.
- Boating to Rottnest? Click here for more information.