Top Tips for Leavers
Leavers Harm Minimisation Partners
ROYAL LIFESAVING WA
- Royal Life Saving Society WA organises BeachFest at Meelup Beach.
- Be a Mermate - look out for your mates at the beach and get them out of harms way before disaster strikes.
- Swimming whilst under the influence, or at night, is dangerous and should be avoided.
- Call an ambulance if you have a serious health emergency.
- For more information visit Royal Life Saving WA.
- WAAC has been involved with Leavers WA for 20 years.
- WAAC aims to optimise the sexual health and well being of all.
- We support Leavers in reducing risk when it comes to sexual activity and the use of alcohol and other drugs.
- Harm reduction is based on the idea of reducing adverse consequences for people who are partaking in an activity.
- We also support LGBTQI+ leavers through advocacy and visibility during the week.
- We have a day team and a night team of around 30 trained volunteers who are interested in sexual health, youth work and harm reduction.
- We are in the Chill Out Tent at the Entertainment Zone - come and relax, chill, chat and watch a movie.
- We encourage parents to have conversations with your young person about sexual health, alcohol and drug use.
- Talking with your young person has been shown to lead to better create better sexual health outcomes for them.
- Our Volunteers will be in RED shirts during Leavers week.
- For more information visit WAAC.