Alcohol and Other Drugs


Can I bring alcohol or drugs to The Zone?

No. The Zone is an alcohol, drug and smoke-free area (no vapes either). This applies to all official Leavers WA events and locations, including BeachFest. 

If I am 18 years old, can I take alcohol in my car?

Yes, provided the alcohol is not opened. However, it is possible your car may be searched by Police on the way to Leavers. If Police suspect the alcohol in your car is intended to be consumed by someone under the age of 18, they can confiscate it and you are liable for a fine.

Is it against the law for a 17 year old to supply another 17 year old?

Yes. Regardless of the age of the person supplying alcohol, it is against the law to supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years without the permission of a parent or guardian. 

If I am an 18 year old adult, can I give permission for my friend to be supplied alcohol?

No, Only parents or guardians can give permission for others to supply alcohol to their child. Supplying alcohol to a young person under the age of 18 without parental permission carries a maximum $10,000 penalty.